For our client, important multinational leader in beverage industry, we are looking for a Category Manager.
The candidate will be owner of the Category Plan. She/he develops the Trade Marketing Plan in synergy with the Marketing Plan (strategic planning for each Category) and defines the entire trade marketing mix actions with a specific focus on channel, client and point of sale.
Category Manager reports to the Trade Marketing Manager Off-Trade who in turns reports to the Trade Marketing Director Italian Market.
- Consistently with strategic marketing objectives, actively cooperates with Brand Managers in order to define the entire trade marketing mix for the off trade channel;
- Manage the space allocation and Shelf Management projects implemented for all the categories involved;
- Analyze and actively contribute to POS profiling
- Manage the tools and software (eg SAP, CRM etc) to support data analysis for category, space allocation and shelf management projects assigned
- Is responsible to implement a structured monitor activities system and detailed reports for trade marketing and sales teams
- Is responsible to manage and allocate the A&P Trade Marketing Budget,
- Identifies and shares with the Sales Teams (NAM and Field Sales Force) business opportunities within the channel and/or the points of sale,
- Coordinate the external BTL agencies and suppliers for the ideation and the complete execution of Trade Marketing mix planning (Expobox, in store activation materials, in store animation, events, etc..).
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experiences:
- University degree in Economics (Marketing/Trade Marketing specialization is a plus)
- 4-year experience as Category Manager in Food & Beverage category or FMCG.
- Prior experience in Sales (Off Trade Channel) or Marketing department.
- Ability to travel regularly to make trade visit and to go with sales reps on the field.
- Strong knowledge of Italian Off Trade Channel structure, organization and processes
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, ability to interpret sales performance and market trend metrics and information (e.g. Nielsen, IRI retail, Market Track)
- Space allocation and Shelf Management
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong business management skills
- Good project management and conflict management skills
- Able to provide new ideas with an “out of the box” approach
Intermedia Selection is a leading Italian professional and middle management recruitment company. Our staff consists of over 40 professionals, organized to market practice and by functional area and two sites in Milan and Rome.
Autorizzazione del ministero del lavoro n° 20323/RS